Sunday 26 October 2008

Birthdays and Beads

So Friday was my nephew's 18th birthday, which meant a trip up to the Lakes for us so we could go out and celebrate with all the family and friends. Unfortunately we got stuck in traffic on the way - who would have thought a 2 1/2 mile tailback from some small roadworks would take an hour and a half to get through. Luckily mum's tatie pot hadn't burnt, not too much anyway! Then it was a quick change of clothes and off to the party we went. Much food, drink and dancing later we got in at 2.30am - oh how nice it is to have babysitters (aka parents). An extremely wet Saturday left us with not many options for entertainment so we headed off to a craft fair at Rheged and let Erin go to soft play. The craft fair marked the start of my Christmas shopping, a book "Ivver Sen" for my dad. Then visits to family all afternoon and the day passed pretty quickly.

We took a different route home today and we saw the effects of the horrendous rain, lots of flooded roads and some Travelodge guests stranded. Anyway we made it to Harrogate and to the Bead Fair. Soon the plan to 'pick up business cards and make notes over what I liked so I could order in the future' went out of the window and shopping ensued! Strings of pretty beads calling my purse, which luckily didn't have too much money in so I didn't go mad. I got some gorgeous turqoise beads that I can't wait to use. The Tuffnell Glass stall was tempting me with their glass bead making kits but I was sensible, I need to wait a while before moving into that type of thing. I just don't have the time at the moment especially as I can't play with hot glass with an 18 month old running around, that's not a good combination.

Time management probably top of the list when it comes to essential skills of a wahm. I tend to do website updating/accounts/other computer stuff during Erin's nap, crafting in the evening after tea and packing orders...err...ok, so that one I do as soon as I can possibly fit it in, often with litle hands 'helping' me.

Well it was just a quick note today...I'm off to play with my new beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment