Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Year Resolutions and New Fabric!

Happy (Belated) New Year!

As most crafters will know there are always 2 resolutions on our lists. One is to finish the UFO's and the other is to reduce the yarn/fabric/craft items stash (i.e. Make more, buy less).

I can definitively announce that the latter resolution has failed miserably! What can I say, there were too many tempting bargains.

It started on Boxing Day, with reductions at Fatquartershop.com where I just couldn't resist buying a Dr Seuss The Lorax pack, made up of a panel and 9 fat quarters. Of course, some Christmas fat quarters slipped into my basket too "to make it worth paying the postage from the US".

This was shortly followed by a trip to The Viking Loom in York. The shop has a small front but as you wander through there are two further rooms and an upstairs. I couldn't resist the 2 Moda Christmas jelly rolls for £25. I chose Blitzen and Joy.

I also picked out 10 fat quarters with 20% off. These are going to be used for a sampler quilt I'm starting shortly.


Ever year there's a fantastic sale at The Skep, with fabrics starting at £1 a metre. Last year I wasn't able to go until the weekend as the kids get bored and want to run riot, so this year Al had the day off work so I could browse in relative peace. I say that because it was BUSY! I'm not surprised though because there was loads of great stuff. I picked up loads of fabrics at great prices.

As well as the ones above that I plan to use for quilts/quilt backings, I picked up a couple of pieces to make myself two skirts with.

I just love these prints!
Now I thought I'd done well, thought I'd got a lot of fabric at a decent price. You can imagine my surprise when, instead of a bit of eye rolling and a "More fabric?" comment from my husband, I got "Oh, did you only get one metre of that? I thought you'd have got more than that." I don't think there was any sarcasm in his voice ;-)

He might be regretting that now because a new blog post went up saying that they were adding more fabric on the Saturday so I decided to nip back to get a little more. I ended up spending more than I did the first visit! No photos of that atm but I'll try to get some before my next post.

Anyone else broken their resolutions yet?


1 comment:

  1. Making a New Year resolution is so nice. It gives you a good feeling to make a decision to make a new beginning and have the pleasure of imagining a big improvement to your life. You may have heard people say that their New Year Resolution is to exercise more, spend more time with their family, or do volunteer work.

    ReplyDelete