Friday 24 May 2013

FO Friday: Cushion Covers

I managed to get some time this evening to do a bit more sewing and I started with adding some borders to a wallhanging I started a long time ago. I was running out of black thread so decided to do the quilting with purple as it seemed to go with the colours in the other fabrics. I also manged to make the hanging sleeve while our tea was cooking and get that attached. I still have the binding to make and sew on.

Heart Wallhanging
It's not as oddly shaped as it looks in the picture, honestly!

Then after the kids went to bed I decided I might as well finish off the cushion covers I quilted earlier as it would be another UFO finished. My husband said he preferred the grey fabric for the backs and it goes better with our living room which has grey walls.

Cushion Covers - quilted patchwork front, plain grey back

2 comments:

  1. You pick such lovely fabrics and designs. Beautiful work, wish I had half your ability with a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the cushion fabric. The strips are from a jelly roll the in-laws bought me for Xmas a couple of years ago.

      Delete