Wednesday 15 August 2012

Almost Back!

Argh, 2 weeks into the summer holidays and I get a rather nasty case of tonsillitus. A week and a half, 2 types of antibiotics and a lot of painkillers later and I'm almost feeling human again! I'm still taking it easy as I still have pain in my sinuses and it's making me feel a bit off balance.

Unfortunately this has meant we've had to cancel the camping trip this week. We were meant to be going on Thursday for 3 nights but I'm not up to it. Instead we're going to have Friday night in a hotel. We'll spend one day doing a family day out type of thing and the other day I'll go to the Festival Of Quilts while Alan entertains the kids for the day. I'm really looking forward to it, though I'm not planning on buying much (famous last words!).

My current plan is to have a browse for some solids and maybe a charm pack or a few FQs. Of course I've always got my eyes open for a bargain.

Just like this big bag of buttons I got the other week. Actually it was better than that, my husband bought it for me!


Some of the big buttons

I think this was my favourite!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, hope you are well and truly on the mend, I hate tonsillitis it is one of the most painful things I have endured! Have a great break. Your OH is definitely a 'keeper'. :)

    ReplyDelete