Thursday 28 November 2013

FO: Neat Ripple Blanket

For a while now I've been wanting to make another Attic24 Neat Ripple blanket (click the link to go to Lucy's pattern). I haven't really had the time to make one. Then my Mum phoned the other week and mentioned that an Aunty is hoping I've made her a blanket for Xmas.

So, what do you do when you find out that someone wants a handmade blanket that you would usually make over at least a month and you know the presents for them are being collected in less than 2 weeks???? Well if you're as crazy as me, you start making one with the intention of posting it up sometimes before the last posting date in December. Then you start crocheting like crazy and finish it in 10 days.

I have to admit I haven't enjoyed making it as much as I usually would because I've been working it up so quickly. I also had to use the yarn I already had and I'd maybe have chosen fewer colours if I'd been ordering yarn for the project. I decided to do interlocking colours.


This is the ripple blanket withe the first couple of border rounds on. I had to slightly fudge the first round to create a straight edge and went around again in the pink as I thought it gave a neater finish in the corners.

I then added a pale blue, deep pink and finally a green round in the style of Lucy's border here.



2 comments:

  1. Loving the colours, I really like interlocking ripples, I want to make one for our bed at some point. But making a blanket in just 10 days... WOW! It's wonderful, I can't believe how quickly you made it!

    ReplyDelete