Thursday 6 September 2012

Something From The Weekend

My Dad has an allotment and just look at some of the stuff we came home with:




We had a roast dinner with all this today. It always amazes me how lovely home grown carrots are. I'm not a big fan of carrots normally but these have so much more flavour than the supermarket ones. Actually I think they have more flavour than the ones we used to get in organic veg boxes from various suppliers.

In case you were hoping for more of a crafty fix...check out what I started today


It's the Crochet Cable Scarf by Joyce Nordstrombut I've added a couple of stitches to either side as I'm using DK yarn. I kinda wish I'd done two lines of cables at each side so I'll bear that in mind in case I use the pattern for any Christmas presents. I've just reached the halfway point on it so it really is a quick make!

1 comment:

  1. ohh - beautiful scarf. I've not tried crochet cables before, they look fab!

    ReplyDelete