Wednesday 11 September 2013

A Quick Robot Update

It's almost time for my monthly quilting class and I still hadn't made much progress from my to-do list so last night I added another strip in the backing. Remember I wasn't sure if it was quite wide enough? Well, my worrying got the better of me and I added in a strip from the sashing fabric just to give me a bit more leeway. I'm glad I did because there still wasn't much extra at the sides and I rather like the sashing strip in the backing. I then figured I might as well baste it while Alan was around to help me and the kids were in bed out of the way. I managed to spray my socks with 505 spray (a temporary adhesive, for those that don't know what it is) so my feet kept sticking to the floor!

My youngest has half a day at school today so I dashed back from dropping her off to start sewing around each block to make sure I'm ready to start some free motion quilting in the class on Saturday.

I was a little big naughty and left all my ends to sew in afterwards, hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow. Here's the updated pics:


I've also made a start on the advent calendars:


2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the strips in the backing - well worth doing.

    ReplyDelete