Tuesday 21 February 2012

FO: Heart Swap Revealed

Way back for Christmas 2010, my sister bought me A Passion For Patchwork by Lise Bergene. It's a fab book with plenty of variety and was my favourite present that year. There's quilts, wall hangings, table runners and various bags. It's one of those books where I could pretty much open it at any page and be happy to make whatever is on that page.

My original plan for the heart swap was to whip up some crocheted heart decorations but my recipient is an excellent knitter so I decided to go down the quilting route. I knew there were a few heart themed projects in the book and eventually settled on a wall hanging. The book had sequins sewn on at each point where the quilting lines crossed but I decided not to add any as I wasn't really keen on them.

So here it is!


It was all made from fabrics from my stash. Most were scraps though the blue batik fabric was a particularly large scrap and I used more of it to back it and make a hanging sleeve.

It didn't take long at all to make. It's hard to estimate how long as I did it in between other things like cooking tea. I'm hoping to make another one to go on our living room wall, which says a lot about how much I liked it cos I don't often make the same pattern twice.

1 comment: