Thursday, 16 February 2012

FO: Flower Jar Cozy

Another quick stash buster!

This was worked up in some scraps from the Neat Ripple I made. It's Jarol Heritage DK yarn. I used blue for the main body as it was the one I had most of. I started with foundation single crochet until it was long enough to wrap around the jar, then worked rounds of single crochet (UK double crochet) to cover the height of the jar. I might have done a couple more rounds but I ran out of yarn and I think it looks ok. Since I used 30 stitches per round (didn't plan it, it just happened that way) I decided to use the same stitches for the petals as the Blooming Flower Cushion by Attic24. This works over 5 stitches. I thought a petal worked over 3 stitches would make too many petals.

Better view of the flower

To add a bit more interest to it, I went on a hunt through my button jar and discovered some flower buttons and ladybird buttons. I sewed some of these onto the blue.

Here's the finished item!

No comments:

Post a Comment